This package provides a H264/AAC player in Unity3D receiving data over RTSP.
To repeat what is the main purpose of this package:
Vizario H264RTSP Player is a lightweight library to enable live RTSP streaming of H264 and AAC bitstreams to iOS or Android devices (respectively standalone apps or Editor Win64 and OSX) from a local PC or remote server. The library allows you to register as an RTSP client to a server and play back the video content within a texture, respectively audio over the native audio device.
The library is developed towards playback of live data and is essentially the playback-counterpart of the video casting asset:
The main purpose of this asset is to enable simple streaming of H264/AAC live streams from an RTSP server to a client, decoding und playing back as efficiently as possible. It was **NOT** designed to do perfect audio/video synchronization, **NOR** to become a generic player framework like LibVLC.
However, the libraries use the native audio devices for audio output (if desired). In other words, the AAC decoder is indeed a full player without the need to mess with device audio setups.
- Q: Does it do RTMP?
- A: No and will likely not do so any time soon.
- Q: Does it work within VR setups?
- A: Yes, it was tested to work within Oculus Quest 2 and Oculus Quest Pro.
- Q: Does it work with H265/AC3?
- A: H265 is in the making (will be included in v1.2. It does not work (and will not work any time soon) with AC3.
- Q: My H264/H265 streams stutter and seem to go forth and back on a per frame basis.
- A: You need to provide a stream without B-frames. The decoder cannot deal with B-frames right now.
- Q: Is there a test package available before I buy it?
- A: No, but if you send me a nice email with some info about your use case, I can probably make something work.
- Q: How does it compare to VLC?
- A: It was never designed to do anything like VLC. If you need a full media player, you are better off with an other package